Our Travel House

Our Travel House
SEE THE USA

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Saturday progress 12-13-14
Out of the rig earlier than usual. Got work to do ! Robert was working up to high gear very quickly. Loosen this, take that off, wrenchy, wrenchy. I guess the best thing to do is get out of the way.
We stuck around til 1300 hrs and then loaded the Goldwing for tonite. We're going to the Super 8 Motel in Foley, Al. . I don't know if we'll stay 1 or 2 nights, it depends on Robert's progress. I will probably go back to the work site for awhile tomorrow. Ms. Heather took some of her craft stuff to keep her busy.
In my usual, old, pessimistic mind I'm guessin' the engine change will take a bit longer than 2 days. I worry if we spent more that a few days in the rig that the holding tanks would get full and I really don't want to have to go thru that mess. Better safe than sorry. Have I mentioned that Rolling Earthquake's holding tanks aren't as big as in our previous MH ? We used to get 4 days before dumping.
The Super 8 Motel here in Foley is about a ½ hr away. Nice room, close to eateries. After we checked in and unloaded the cycle bins (and it does hold a lot of stuff ) we went next door to Ruby Tuesday's and had happy hour. Met a few locals but when the conversation went political we said goodbye. Then we walked to KFC and picked up some dinner. YUM !!
I sure dislike these early sunsets. It always cools off about 4PM and is dark be 5:30PM. I reserve 8PM for blog reading. In between we usually eat and then I watch the clock.
Sunday 12-14-14

As in most motels, the noise started about 7AM. Sun's up so so am I. Got dressed and to the office for coffee and “ continental breakfast” . Never have figured why it's called that. Cereal, waffles, cinnamon buns and COFFEE !! Good coffee. Lots of coffee. Puts a smile on my face.
We whiled away the day reading, watched the news and got a couple good walks in. I decided to keep out of Robert's way and stay in town today.  Discovered a Wally World was a short walk away so we spent about a ½ hr wandering around in there. I've got the Detroit Lions on via internet. The gourmet meal toight was compliments of Wendy's !! LOL. Been awhile sincee I've had a good burger. YUM. ( Heather looks at me digusted !! ha ha) We decided to stay here tonight too.
6PM..got a text from Robert, old engine is out, new engine is in. He has to do all the bolt ons yet. He's going to work late tonite and may/may not get done. He's gonna call me by 9PM tonight.

I'm getting excited !! Ya Man !!
    REMEMBER, LIVE YOUR DREAMS AS TIME GOES BY QUICKLY !!
    Charlie & Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment