Our Travel House

Our Travel House
SEE THE USA

Saturday, December 13, 2014

12-12-14 Engine change weekend.

12-12-14 ENGINE CHANGING WEEKEND !!

Recieved a text early (Friday 0609) this morning from my mechanic, Robert, verifying he was going to be off from his primary job for 3 days this weekend. Engine change out is on !!! We talked on the phone about 0845 and made a plan for meeting up after 1200. He's going to be prepping the new engine this morning. We have to travel about 5 miles down the road to his sisters place. I hope the rig makes it. I'm sure we'll be smoking !! If the rig can't make it, Robert will tow us.
The weather forcast is for mid 60's and sunny for the weekend with 70's next week. Kinda critical for this work.
At about 1200hrs we fired up Rolling Earthquake and slowly drove 5 miles to the repair spot. Wow, did we smoke up the route. I'm going to guess we may have lost a compression ring or have a cracked piston. Still had plenty of power but had a slight miss in the engine. I was still towing the trailer and that weighs near 2500#s.
Robert got right to work. I had already prepped the front bumper and fiberglass cap last week so that all came off in ½ hr.
Robert, Heather & I worked together to strip the replacement motor and the one in the rig. We finally called it quits for the day about 6PM and it was after sunset. It cooled off rather quickly so we put the motor doghouse back in place and cranked up some heat. Gonna stay in the rig tonite.

Saturday-- I heard Robert rummageing around outside about 8AM, so the day begins. Hot coffee tasted especially good this chilly morning. We're planning on going to a motel this afternoon. 
REMEMBER, LIVE YOUR DREAMS AS TIME GOES BY QUICKLY !
     Charlie & Heather


3 comments:

  1. I'm follow'n you Charlie all the way till you are on the road again.
    I'm hope'n when I post this there are no numbers an' shit like that to type in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea Charlie, you did away with the weird stuff.....Yeeee Haaa, you da man.

      Delete