Our Travel House

Our Travel House
SEE THE USA

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

PACKING UP, FINALLY

I decided to take advantage of the good weather today. It's high 60's and sunny for a change. But, it's supposed to be cold and windy tomorrow, Wednesday. We loaded up the trailer and cleared the yard and loaded up the motorcycle. The trailer is full again and everything is strapped down.
If you've been reading this blog regularly you know this was not a scheduled stop. We've been here since Nov. 14th due to the engine failure. We were lucky to find Wilderness Campground near Robertsdale, Al.. if we had to get stuck, this was a good place for it to happen. George, the owner, and all the folks here have been so very helpful to our plight. I'm so thankful to everyone for their help. They've driven us to town a lot and have offered assistance regularly.
Ya gotta love Rvers !
We were thinking about hitting the road tomorrow but the wind is supposed to be bad. I don't like driving in wind so we should leave on Thursday. It's going to be 27F tonite and worse on Thursday night and we don't have any long johns with us !! Time to migrate!!
I'm happy to be looking at a route plan again. I'm happy to see our destination of Cape Coral is having it's typical warm temps. We're looking forward to getting to our wintering area.
Gotta get back to the check list..catch ya down the road.
REMEMBER, LIVE YOUR DREAMS AS TIME GOES BY QUICKLY !!

Charlie & Heather

1 comment:

  1. I stopped early one day & spent the next because of the wind... it's not like I had to be anywhere...
    I just took a look at where Cape Coral is & the temps... you sure the wind is that bad :-)
    That's where I'd like to be today! Too bad it's 3244 miles away... Maybe next winter

    ReplyDelete