Our Travel House

Our Travel House
SEE THE USA

Friday, January 2, 2015

1-2-15 Test Run

At 1300hrs it was “ We have liftoff” !! Took the rig for it's first extended test run since the engine change. Now, I don't know how your mind works, but mine goes into hyper gear rather quickly. We've run this new engine several times in the RV Park but not on the road except for the trip back after repairs and that was only 5 miles. So—started it up, ran it for 10 minutes til we had some temperature showing and down the road we went. Made a run into Robertsdale, Al. which is about 15 miles from the park. I probably drove Ms. Heather goofy with questions. Any smoke? NO..Any weird sounds? NO..How was the reponse to the accelerator? Nice..Dash instrument readings? Nice.. Chargeing? Yes..Oil Pressure?? 60#s+..Any smoke?? “ NO !!”..(again)..Of course after we got into a parking lot I exited the rig and did a very careful under unit inspection..any leaks or drips? No !! OKAY, breathe a sigh of relief ( for the moment ) ..
The accelerator pedal response was very good..the brakes were good..the sound was good..and No Smoke !! So far, so good!
We got some grocery shopping done and other misc. stuff. Ate a Burger King. I love 'em!!
I did an underbelly inspection again ! I told you I was in hypergear !! LOL
On the way back to the RV Park I played around with response..OK...Hey, Ms. Heather, any smoke?? Okay, okay, I won't ask again !! ( But I did check the rear view mirrors carefully.. & No Smoke !)
So all went well. 1st day of confidence building went well. Of course I'll check all liquid levels in the A.M. Again, just to be sure. Is there anyone else out there that has done this? I know me..I'll be on high alert for a month for drips, noises or anything abnormal.
I'm guessing we'll do a few more run arounds and head South in about a week or so.. So, Ms. Heather, there will be a few more “ Smoke Tests”.
REMEMBER, LIVE YOUR DREAMS AS TIME GOES BY QUICKLY !!

Charlie & Heather 

2 comments:

  1. OH, that sounds so familiar!!! :-) Take it for a few more short runs and then maybe you'll build up some trust in the engine.

    Good luck, Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW go ahead and redline it in first gear. If it holds together then you are ready to roll. IF you buy that I have a bridge to sell you.

    ReplyDelete