Our Travel House

Our Travel House
SEE THE USA

Monday, January 19, 2015

Island Time !!

SETTLED IN FOR WINTER AT MATLACHA, FL.

1-16-15..FRIDAY..We had a short 12 mile drive this afternoon from my friend Daniel's house and pulled onto Matlacha Island at Sea Isle Resort at 1330hrs. The Friday traffic coming thru Cape Coral was heavy. Noticed a few new businesses have opened along Pine Island road since last year.
Whenever we pull into our winter home we're greeted with a lot of hugs & handshakes. Now that's a great feeling ! Our good friend and manager of Sea Isle Resort, Carl, has still got his wonderful personality in place and it was great to see him. He'd be a blessing for any RV Park he works for. 
I really took my time getting all connected and settled in. No reason to rush at all. Of course, in usual Island Time standard operendi , we got right into a Happy Hour mode ! I took 2 days to get all of the gear out of the trailer and setting up the patio, sat dish and winter standards. Our new Jack Antenna, which we didn't have last year, is getting 16 over the air channels. Wow ! That's 4X better than the old bat wing.
Just vegged for 2 days and got a couple good nights sleep. Our friend, Carl, found a good deal on fresh stone crab claws so I ordered some . WHAT A TREAT !!! No dippin' sauce required for these, no sir !! Made me wish we had ordered more. We had some gator yesterday at The Olde Fish House. What a life !! The eats down here are one of the reasons we love Island Life. I would have taken some pics but they were gone too fast...
I just ordered our mail sent to us from our Passport America mail service.
ON THE AGENDA--
Gonna try and find a Honda mechanic to put new timing belts on the engine and rebuild the 4 carbs. Just routine maintenance and nothing I'm in a hurry for.
I'll be ordering 4 new hinges for the MH hoods. I've already located them on the internet. Ours are all pitted and one has a crack in the casting. These are marine hatch hinges.
I'll probably start blogging less often while we're parked for the winter, maybe weekly. I notice a lot of us bloggers do that. It's kinda silly to repeat the same good news & weather on a daily basis.I will blog whenever something worthwhile is going on. I wish I had the same ambition that The Old Fat Man & Billy Bob do for blogging every day. If you wonder what they blog about just check out www.hitchitch.com That site is great !
REMEMBER, LIVE YOUR DREAMS AS TIME GOES BY QUICKLY !!


Charlie & Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment