Our Travel House

Our Travel House
SEE THE USA

Sunday, January 4, 2015

NO COOLING OFF ALLOWED !!

(1500hrs) I never thought South Alabama would cool off so much at this time of the year. I now know that we'll never plan on being here from December thru March in the future. We were planning on staying here until Jan 14th but the weather is getting pretty testy. The weather guessers are predicting freezing temps at night over the next few days and barely mid 40's in the daytime. I'm all for pulling out tomorrow but it's supposed to be very windy for 48+ hours. I dislike driving in high winds so we'll wait for it to calm down. Maybe Wednesday or so.
Been planning a route down the West side of Florida. We'll use 98W to Perry, Fl. And then 19S. We'll probably make it a 3 or 4 day trip to Cape Coral area. I see it'll be South of Bradenton until we get above 75F. I really am looking forward to getting into shorts again. So Tuesday we'll be busy loading up and secureing everything in the trailer.
We'll also make a stop in Homassasa, Fl. To get a lube and oil change at our favorite repair shop, Harolds. Should have about four hundred miles on the “new to us” engine by then. I figure that it would be wise to treat this engine like I'm breaking it in as the oil probably is polluted with junk from sitting on the pallet for a year. ( hyper mode again ??)
Had a visit tonite by my old friends John & Lisa. I've known them from the late 80's. They live in Foley which is about a ½ hr drive South of here. We were all neighbors years ago in Michigan's Thumb region and they know my kids. We did some reminising
and had some laughs about those days. They relocated down here years ago and love the area. I always call them when we're nearby.
I hope all of our followers are enjoying the New Year so far, I know we are !!
REMEMBER, LIVE YOUR DREAMS AS TIME GOES BY QUICKLY !!


Charlie & Heather

2 comments:

  1. I just looked, shorts & flip-flop weather is in south Florida...

    http://weather.unisys.com/surface/sfc_con.php?image=te&inv=0&t=cur&expanddiv=hide_bar

    Is the 400 miles you're talking about is on the fresh oil you started with when you put the engine in? Either way I wouldn't sweat it, all in all oil is cheap & is important.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 400 miles on fresh oil may not seem like time to change it but...just to be on the safe side I'll call that an oil flush..like you said, it's cheap to do. hanx for the note!

      Delete