Our Travel House

Our Travel House
SEE THE USA

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Camp 117 to 121 Michigan travels and visits.

 Camp 117, June 16th to 22nd--Moochdocked at John & Kathleens for a week. We try to visit them every year. It's like one of our favorite couples to spend time with. Their property in Croswell, Mi. is on the Black River and is beautiful. Woke up nearly every morning with a herd of deer outside our window. While we were their I renewed my membership at the American Legion as that's my home post. I've known these guys for decades and our friendship gets better & better. As usual, Croswell is an inviting town. It's small and hasn't been ruined like other cities. 
    June 20th, Camp 118..We reconnected with my young friend Tim Robison & his wife Robyn..I keep in touch with Tim on FB but it's been a lot of years since we've seen each other. He put on a BBQ Saturday night and we camped in the yard. It rained a bit so we all partied in his man cave in the garage. Some other friends stopped in and we enjoyed George & Sheila McGinnis and John Tubbs company. It was a fun evening.
   We moved on down further South and stopped in to visit Jean & Leon Calvert in New Baltimore, Mi..Camp 119... Jean & I worked at DTE for a lot of years. She saw us last winter in Florida. Her daughter Amy was there with Abby, her daughter. My, My, these kids grow fast !! Jean made up a pot of chicken soup with dumplings that was to die for !! Leon suprised us with a couple of new camp chairs, just wait til I put pictures of them on here later on. 
   Suprisingly my old friends, Dan & Rose Forrest, live just around the corner, like 3 blocks, from Jean's place so we spent a night at their place, Camp 120..Ate a great dinner and sat around a bonfire til wayyyy to late chewin' the fat. Dan took us out, for a quick trip, to a marina to see his recently aquired boat. It's more like a yacht !! Made me miss my boat ! I haven't seen these folks since about 2001. I sure enjoy reestablishing friends like these. 
   We pulled out of New Baltimore about 1130hrs and headed to Belleville, Mich. We pulled into the Wayne County Fairground Campground about 1400hrs. Our route was more or less across the Northern edge of Metropolitan Detroit. More traffic than we normally like but not too bad. We probably saw more traffic today than we usually see in a month !! The sun was up and temps were in the low 70's and no wind so it made for a pleasant drive. 
   So here we are at Camp 121  for 2 days. It's just a short drive from my sister's house in Canton. I gave her a call and she's gonna visit us in the morning. I'm really looking forward to seeing her as it's been years since we've been face to face. 
  It feels good to be on the road again. As you may surmise, we're just poking along as usual. Gas prices have been lowering and I hope that continues. 
   I want to make a shoutout to everyone that has extended their hospitality to us..THANK YOU for the good times!! What a wonderful bunch of people !! 
   REMEMBER, LIVE YOUR DREAMS AS TIME GOES BY QUICKLY !!
Charlie & Heather.
  
   

2 comments:

  1. Gas.. $3.399 cash is the lowest I've seen in this part of Washington state.

    Michigan in the fall, I was stationed at Traverse City '95-'97, don't remember the fall, just the summer and the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well surprising info shared impressed dear . i am living in Michigan and working with metro airport taxi in Detroit and other metro areas 1st time reading such like post .

    ReplyDelete