Our Travel House

Our Travel House
SEE THE USA

Sunday, September 28, 2014

#122 Ohio rest area, #123 Mt Vernon,KY


Camp #122- Ohio rest area milemarker 81

Pulled out of Wayne County CG, Bellville Mich.,9-27-14, at our usual 1030hrs and hit I -275 S towards I-75 S, near Monroe, Mi.

For a Sat the traffic was very light so we made excellant time. Once we crossed into Ohio we stopped for $150 of gas and a stretch and ran to Exit 81 near Piqua, Ohio. We don't very often layover at a rest area. It was nice to just stop and after 173 miles I was ready. Got a good night's sleep.
    Our chassis battery hasn't been doing too well even though I had it load tested. Gonna change it out this week. It's been using a lot of water and doesn't seem to be holding a charge very long. When we got up in the morning it didn't have enough umphhh to crank over the generator. Now it's messing with my ability to watch TV.

   Back on the road Sunday morning and drove 214 miles to Mt Vernon, KY. Stopped at Renfro Valley CG, CAMP 123 ,and decided to do 3 days at our Passport America rate. $45 !! We've got FHU & cable, great deal. This CG has a reputation for great music fests.

    Our trip also entailed throwing a fan belt but I was able to coast into a Auto Value parking lot. The rig was starting to overheat but we made it ! I let it cool down while we ate lunch and then procured the belt ($6) and it took about a ½ hr to install it. Managed to blow out some anti freeze so I refilled that too. Back on the road after a 2 hr delay, probably would have been quicker if I could have found a belt routing diagram. I'm sure glad I've got some mechanical ability left in this old body.

   Eventually I'm gonna have to look at a map to figure out where we'll head for after we traverse the first ½ of our Southbound trip. I think it's fun to “just head Southbound” !! We're already in an area that is warmer at night. We both want to hit Mississippi, we've got some friends of ours that are workamping in the SE corner of Ms. that we're looking forward to meeting up with.

   We managed to get into the mountains today and the views were spectacular. The cloud formations today were glorious. We've always enjoyed this corner of the country. Luckily the weather has been wonderful. High 70's in the daytime and hi 60's at night. How do ya beat that? We haven't needed AC or heat at all.

    REMEMBER, LIVE YOUR DREAMS AS TIME GOES BY QUICKLY !!

Charlie & Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment