Our Travel House

Our Travel House
SEE THE USA

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

9-8-14 PREPPING FOR THE ROAD

Where's my list...hmmmmmm...WHERE'S MY LIST ?????
Somehow or other I've lost my list!! Oh My, how shall I ever prepare for getting on the road?? I just know I'm gonna forget something...oh yeah, I'm not packing for a vacation or snowbird trip. I forgot we're full timers. Everything is already onboard. WHEWWWW!! Had me excited there for a minute !!
Can you remember preparing for full timing? We musta had 20 lists going. Glad those days are over.
That doesn't totally mean you can go brain dead. The common and normal things need attention. Ya gotta check Oil, battery water, trans fluid, air pressures, lights checked, pack up the outdoor gear, clean the windows, wipers okay, H2O full, everything battened down, road trip planned, weather reports, wife onboard?, etc.
Been watching the weather for later in the week and it doesn't look promising. Might have to delay a day or two. We're used to those glitches. It's GREAT to have jello plans.
Fellow bloggers, Old Fat Man (http://ofmadventures.blogspot.com/) & Billy Bob (http://billybobsplace.blogspot.com/) , are trying to look forward to their winter trips. If Billy Bob gets his Back fixed it'll be a lot better winter. Have you ever checked out any other blogs? They are fun to read. Go to http://www.hitchitch.com/links.html and pick a site at random if you ever want to be inspired to travel.
I installed all the anchoring points for the Honda Golwing in the trailer today. Since it weighs about 900#'s I made sure all of them were into the steel braceing. I'm always amazed how many tools I can get out for such a trivial project ! It took almost as much time to put away tools as the whole job took ! It's going to be a tight fit but that means it can't fall over. I think I'll have some muscle nearby for the 1st loading and unloading. ( can ya tell I'm nervous ??) Tomorrow I'll go and have the trailer weighed before I load up to be sure it's not going to be overloaded.
Tomorrow, Tuesday, we should get the front brakes replaced by Jerry. Weather is supposed to be great. While we have the front end lifted I'll lube the upper “A” frame lube fittings as the lube shop kid said they didn't take a lot of grease. ( they never do, without lifting the rig) Hell, I've known that for years ! Kids!!! Hrphhh! The lube shop always think I'm giving them a hard time when I ask them to count the lube fittings. There are 24 of 'em on this rig. Amazing how many time they can't find them all !
Ms. Heather and I are looking forward to getting on the road again.
REMEMBER, LIVE YOUR DREAMS AS TIME GOES BY QUICKLY !!

Charlie & Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment