Our Travel House

Our Travel House
SEE THE USA

Sunday, April 26, 2015

APRIL's ABOUT GONE

The “SEASON” is just about done ! That's what Floridians and businesses call winter months when all the folks from Up North migrate here from December to April. We've noticed the traffic getting lighter and the stores not so packed. Campground fees are getting reduced and even grocery prices are starting to lower.
This year we're staying an extra month to see if I can put up with the heat. Been 85F every day for 2 weeks and supposed to be in the 90's this week. We're staying in the S.E. this summer so we're in no rush to pull out.
The month of April has whisked by. Been keeping busy with small jobs in the RV park. Our power washer got a workout
  and Heather's been helping a few friends paint their places. I changed some brakes on a neighbors motorcycle and that inspired me to do mine. I fixed my buddy, Steve's, 2001 Dodge Ram truck's brakes. I changed out the power brake booster and master cylinder and fixed the rear brakes. I haven't lost it yet !! LOL !!
The Cadillac security system is fixed. It needed a driver's door security swich replacement. My friend, Jeff, is a Caddy mechanic and he made short work of a problem that I'm sure woulda cost big bucks to fix at a dealer. The switch is no longer made but he found one in Utah. $80.. It only took him a total of 45 minutes to remove/replace it. I probably would have taken 2 days to just get the door apart !! 
 Seems wonderful to not have the alarm go off at 1AM as it did a couple times.
Heather was on the porch and noticed a Florida lizard, called an Anole, in a bucket of water. She played lifeguard and saved the critter. He stayed in her hand for quite awhile and even showed off his “colors” for her. He was finally released.



Our visiting cat, Mama Cat, had found the perfect spot to doze right in the AC's wind. She sure looks comfortable.

Ever since the ocean's water has warmed up we've been seeing a lot of dolphins close to the dock. There's been a big increase in fish too.
REMEMBER, LIVE YOUR DREAMS AS TIME GOES BY QUICKLY !!


Charlie & Heather.

1 comment:

  1. We got a lot of those lizards or geckoes or whatever you call them here at my place. I live about 35 miles north of Houston, TX in a little town called Cut & Shoot. That is for real. Look on a good map, it is east of Conroe and west of Cleveland and has its own post office. My RV is broke down right now and I haven't gotten around to getting it fixed.

    ReplyDelete