Our Travel House

Our Travel House
SEE THE USA

Monday, April 20, 2015

Taxes & Insurances & car repaired 4-20-15

4-15-15 TAX DAY & stuff
I remember how I used to dread tax day. Not anymore! When we went fulltime Rving and got rid of all our “stuff”, life became so much simpler. I had our taxes done & filed on the internet over a month ago and got the refund in a few days. I've seen all the “ naysayers” warnings about delays and IRS problems but never had any issues. If I believed, for a minute, all the negativity, I woulda been “ scared “ !! This is the 5th year with no problems.
What a weird week. I'm still working on the new insurance headaches. I had to fax a reimbursment request to Payflex 3 times ! Finally they have all the data. Today I checked their internet site and had some figures show up that I didn't comprehend. Another call was needed to get that reconciled. Hopefully all will be well. Time will tell. I await the $$$$ showing up in the checking account !! Update---4-17---money finally went into the checking account.
Another piece of business is dealing with Michigan's Secretary of State's office. I had to fill out a lot of forms to reregister the Cadillac we bought here in Florida . Michigan has a special unit to handle residents that are out of state.( They call it Unit 18. I wonder if it's related to Area 51 ??? LOL) We're in limbo with the car at the moment while waiting for plates. I UPS'd the forms on Wed 4-8, 2 day service, and sent them a return mailer, also 2 day service. The tracking number going there shows 3 days delivered, which is tolerable. My check to them was cashed on Monday 4-13 but still no sign of the return tracking number. Hmmm, so I called them and it's all in the system. The gal I talked to explained that budget cuts had made their Lansing office lose their mailbox and they have to get their mail from some remote Post Office !! WHAT THE HELL !! Makes no sense to me !! I guess eventually it'll all work out ( I Hope ). Update—4-16 Thurs., I called them again...now they want an Original title, even though the directions say “ COPY”. Another 2 day mailing done Friday.
We're still waiting for the Cadillac driver's door security switch which is coming from Utah. It's a plastic micro switch that Cadillac doesn't make anymore but an out of state, Utah, dealer there had one in stock. ( patience Charlie, patience !! ) Update---4-19---part came in and got installed..no false alarms all weekend !!!
All of the above has made beers taste much better at happy hour! Imagine they'll get better once all of this is done with.
Ms Heather and I are getting our yearly checkups done over the next 2 weeks.. I'm always glad when that's done. I'm not expecting any suprises unless my new insurance fails.
We're both starting to get hitch itch a bit. We're staying here in SW Florida thru the end of May. That's a month longer than usual. Gonna see how we handle the heat.
REMEMBER, LIVE YOUR DREAMS AS TIME GOES BY QUICKLY !!
Charlie & Heather



No comments:

Post a Comment