Our Travel House

Our Travel House
SEE THE USA

Monday, March 23, 2015

SUNDAY 3-22-15

Had another fun filled and good weather week on Matlacha Island, Fl..
We managed to get out to some music a couple times this week. Had some cookouts and a park party. Some long term residents are leaving and this'll be their last winter here due to health issues. I asked my friend Daniel to come eat and play his guitar for awhile and another bunch did a ribs & chicked BBQ. Lot's of side dishes by others made for a feast.

It's been in the 80's every day and 60's at night. Had to lather up with sunscreen every day as these Yankee bodies burn much too quickly. AC has been on every afternoon.
With all the hot days, of course the water temps are rising and along with that the fishing is picking up. We're seeing a lot more bridge fishermen and many more boats cruising the cut. We have a night light out on the dock and there's been a lot of fish seen down there. I just saw a large stingray this morning. When we were down at the outdoor restaurant a few dasys ago we were treated to a “ Jack boil “ in the canal and an array of jumping fish. The minnows are abundent too. Folks have been catching speckled trout regularly. I betcha the “ Old Fat Man “ & “ Billy Bob “ ( fellow bloggers ) would be entertained if they were here. Might go fishing at 5PM today as the tide will be up.
I'm still on the prowl, via Criagslist, for a car. Hopeing we find one this month. I thought I found a good deal 2 weeks ago but I heard a small tick in the engine so I passed it up.
3-23-15 MONDAY
Got up to a nice sunny morning and 77F. The weather guessers are saying afternoon rain. I hope not 'cause I'm planning on a cookout today. Around about noon the clouds rolled in and here come da rain, dangit ! But we got lucky and about 2:30 it stopped. I decided to chance cooking and the sun came back out and all went well.
I haven't used this recipe for awhile but it's simple. Bought 8 Cornish Game Hens the other day. I washed 'em up and fired up the grill. As they cooked I kept basting them with some OJ & brown sugar and cooked 'em slow & easy.


Ms Heather made up some stuffing and gravy and Carl did some 5 grain rice. Yummy ! If I keep eating like this I may put some weight on. Ha ha ha !!
REMEMBER, LIVE YOUR DREAMS AS TIME GOES BY QUICKLY !!

Charlie & Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment