Our Travel House

Our Travel House
SEE THE USA

Sunday, March 8, 2015

2-27-15 FRIDAY
We must be getting thinner blood. This is the 5th winter of being down South. We haven't had any really cold weather freeze us in quite awhile. Woke up this morning to 60F and windy again. Hell, up north in the old days we'd be out in the yard in t-shirts. Not anymore ! After a few coffees I put on my jacket and went outside. Brrrr!! It's supposed to be less warm for a few more days and rain. The weather guessers are saying about Tuesday we'll be back in the 80's. Can't wait.
So, what does a person do to while away time when the weather is saying hide out ? All of us full timers get faced with this dilemma occasionally.
I found several small inside projects to do. Mostly just piddling around, nothing brainbusting. Now, where's my list ? I always scribble my “ to do “ things down when I think of them cause my memory doesn't always make note of small projects. Tighten that, replace that, make another list of parts needed. You know !!
Stepped outside a few more times thru out the day. Still cool, still windy. Bummer !
I had to re aim the danged sat dish again. I swear the ground on the island is moving all the time. Every time, just about daily, it just needs an 1/8th of an inch adjustment.

3-4-15 MY BIRTHDAY
I was up early Wednesday morning. Had the news on and was enjoying a cup of coffee when Heather got up with a Happy Birthday wish. I must be trying to avoid getting older because I wasn't even thinking about it ! WOW !! 69 years old !! How the heck did those many years fly by ? As the day progressed all the kids called me and of course Facebook wishes were piling up. Heather asked me what we were going to do and since I don't make a big deal of it I said “ Lets have pizza tonight”. Thanx to everyone for the birthday acknowledgements.

Saturday 3-7-15

We went down the street to The Olde Fish House last night and listened to a band called The Heathens. A duo of accoustic guitars, the 2 young guys had just got in from a boat trip with Kid Rock. Great entertainment and a large crowd. Everyone sat outside under a full moon and the temperature was perfect and no bugs. Hated to see the evening end.

We got some shopping done yesterday. Found a good deal on corned beef brisket so I bought 3. Carl is going to smoke 'em and prepare them for St Patrick's day . He's done this before and it's absolutely delicious. Make's me salivate just thinking about it !!
I got my tax return money back already. I e filed them, again this year, about 3 weeks ago. I'm glad to see the IRS has seemed to smooth out their system a lot.
Since it's been in the 80's all week the water is warming up and the fishing has been picking up. We were out on our dock wetting some lines and saw several manatees and dolphins. They were right next to the dock, could have touched them ! It's erie when they look you right in the eye. Of course, when there are dolphins in the area the fishing ( catching ) shuts off. I've noticed the folks on the drawbridge are catching more.
I'm expecting some mail soon. Got my license and tags being sent here. I was able to do that on the net except for the motorcycle tag. I had to have my friend go get that one.

Sunday 3-8-15

End of the week. Carl did us up today ! He had fresh clams and used his culinary skills to feed a bunch of us. Clam chowder too. He also baked a batch and we had our fill. I threw some potatoes and a pork loin on the grill for a follow up.
Our friends, Terry & Ginger, slipped over here from Pine Island and joined us. We spent 2 hours listening to some mighty fine music at The Olde Fish House before dinner. The weather was perfect today.


It was a great way to wrap up the week.
Did ya'll remember to set your clocks forward this morning ??
I'm sitting here at 9PM with the windows and door open and feeling mighty fine.
REMEMBER, LIVE YOUR DREAMS AS TIME GOES BY QUICKLY !!!
Charlie & Heather.



No comments:

Post a Comment