Our Travel House

Our Travel House
SEE THE USA

Saturday, March 14, 2015

3-10-15 Another New Week

Yeah, I know, I know, 3-10 is a Tuesday but Monday was recovery day so it doesn't count !! hahahah...
Been staying busy looking for a car. I can't quite make up my mind if we need a van or a car, preferably a Cadillac. We enjoyed our last Caddy soooo very much that it's tempting to get another one even though a van makes more sense. We're planning on staying in the S.E. Corner of the USA this summer so Ms Heather & I decided to research some kind of vehicle to take day trips in. I think a good low mileage used Caddy would be nice. Time will tell.
I've been tossing the idea of selling the Goldwing. I've found it's just too dang heavy for me. I already have installed the standard driver's footpegs and removed the floorboards to get my short legs on the ground but it's still a lot of bike, especially on gravel surfaces. The traffic has been extremely heavy this year and I got my reminder of why I quit biking years ago. I'm running an ad on Craigslist to see if I can sell the Goldwing. It's a shame because this Honda is in damn nice condition.
We're planning on a nice smoked corned beef foodfest for near St. Pat's day, probably Sunday. Carl has a recipe he's used for years and I'm really looking forward to it. It takes him 3 days to prepare it.
Ms Heather has sure been keeping busy with her jewelry crafting. She's been setting up a stand at The Olde Fish House from Tuesday thru Saturday and has been pretty successful selling her stuff. I think her artistic talent shines with this hobby. She always has a few small bracelets with her and gives them away to any children that get curious by her table. Something she's noticed is any people from other countries seem offended if she gives their kids anything and make the kids give them back !! How strange !! Poor kids !!
Wednesday 3-11-15
My body is still adjusting to DST. I was waking up at 6AM but today I managed to make it til 7. I'm still working on the PM bedtime. 11 PM seems to be about right although still feels early.
I had planned on a motorcycle ride today but it got so hot, so early, I wimped out. This evening, Ms. Heather and I were just planning on a dinner when Carl announced he'd made some beef & barley stew. Problem solved ! It was real good. Had a little shower early evening but it cleared up quickly. Gotta get some shopping done tomorrow.

SATURDAY 3-14-15
Pi day !!
Big garage sale day on the island. Ms. Heather set up her jewelry stand real early. I took a real long walk in the neighborhoods. I didn't find anything to buy but I did meet a lot of smiling ppl with treasures in hand.
I bought some new sandals yesterday and am happy to report they are great for walking. My last pair rubbed my feet raw if I walked any long distance in them. Out with the old.....
Today was hot. Had the AC on by 0930..that's getting to be the norm lately. I've even had to kick it on before we go to bed to drop the humidity.
Next Tuesday is my heritage day ! St Patrick's Day is a biggy for us Irishmen. Tomorrow, Sunday, we're having a get together and Carl has been prepping and smoking some corned beef briskets all day. He's been doing his thing every year. His corned beef sandwiches are outstanding ! I'm delegated to make some fresh cut fries. It sounds like we've got a great group showing up for the feast.
We hope all of you have a great St Pat's week !
REMEMBER, LIVE YOUR DREAMS AS TIME GOES BY QUICKLY !!


Charlie & Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment