Our Travel House

Our Travel House
SEE THE USA

Friday, May 2, 2014

I feel like an America Picker !!

  Rained all night. Still rainin' this morning ! Now this weather doesn't inspire me at all. But, the generator replacement project continues.
  After our coffee hour(s) we got rolling at  10AM. Hit the dump and dumpsters, stopped in the park office to extend our stay at O'leno State Park thru next Thursday. Moved our stuff to a different site due to the weekenders are coming. ( I doubt that. Supposed to rain) The office said our lot was "reserved" for the weekend.
  Took a trip a few miles South to the salvage yard where our replacement generator is coming from. They were supposed to test run it. That hadn't happened yet so I got a little "pushy" and more or less took over the test. Jumper cables, a gas supply, a little starting ether....Luckily my installer happened to be there and watched this procedure...and VROOM VROOM..It works !! Now--if they can get it delivered to the shop where the work is to be done we'll be all set up for Tuesday's install.
  I think the folks at the salvage yard were a bit intimidated with the push but, after all, I gave them 3 days to "get 'er done"! I'm gonna keep on top of all this til it's delivered too.
   Remember last fall we lost the rear access door to our Dometic Refridgerator ? Been running with a homemade door since then. While I was at the salvage place I spotted one and picked it up for $10..yahoo!!
  I really enjoy being turned loose in a "junk yard". Reminds me of the days we used to restore old cars. One man's junk is another man's treasures. This yard has all sorts of RV parts. A little slow to deal with, but tolerable. Best of all it's affordable.
   On the way back we topped off the LP tank. Been 6 weeks since we filled up last. Only took 8 gals. That's good! Got some grocery shopping done too.
   The weather is supposed to be clear & sunny all next week so it looks like a "go" for the genny replacement.
   REMEMBER, LIVE YOUR DREAMS AS TIME GOES BY QUICKLY !!
Charlie & Heather.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment