Our Travel House

Our Travel House
SEE THE USA

Monday, May 12, 2014

Camp # 80 Defuniak Springs, Fl. - Bass Haven CG

 Pulled out of Mayo, Fl. at our usual 1030AM after a leisurely 2 hr coffee fest. Checked the weather and it looks like a good travel day. Got a little extra miles than we normally do, 179mls on the agenda.
  The drive included 2 stops. To eat and shop at Wally world. I almost pulled out of Wally World when I saw the no overnight parking signs..matter of principal. We weren't gonna stay the night anyways.
   Our lunch was at Waffle House and as usual was great. I love them for their consistency. Always good. I had their BLT and it was loaded with bacon like I make them.
   Pulled into Bass Haven CG in Defuniak, Fl. just a few miles North of I-10 and got greeted by the owners. Very nice couple whom have owned the park for 3 years. We have a nice site on a lake and cable (86 stations!) Going to stay for 2 days. Another nice Passport America Park for $15 per night.
   We missed a little rain that hit this area just before we got here and it's nice and sunny now. Weird Florida May weather! :)
  We took a stroll around the property and it's got a great location. Out on the dock we saw some turtles. I went back to the rig and grabbed a bag of cat chow we had onboard. We fed the turtles for awhile and they must have called all their buddies over for the party! Before we knew it we had dozens of them mooching.
 Enjoyed another pretty Florida sunset and decided we'd head in for the night. I was surprised, for as swampy as this area is, that the bugs didn't bother us. STRANGE !! Lot's of frogs singing their songs, that'll be a pleasant sound tonight. It's supposed to stay in the 70's tonight so we'll leave the windows open. We were able to shut off the AC by 8PM.
There's a nice almost full moon too. AHHHH !!
   REMEMBER, LIVE YOUR DREAMS AS TIME GOES BY QUICKLY !!!
 Charlie & Heather


 

1 comment:

  1. Kicked on my a/C tonight and set it for 68°...
    It will be there for the rest of the summer. I will be watching for you to get close to me in the nose bleed section up here in da north country! Will bring banjo and beer!! Hoot hoot

    ReplyDelete