Our Travel House

Our Travel House
SEE THE USA

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Hiding from the precipitation ! 5-3-14 Saturday

  I think I'll type in "blue" today. Hate hiding out from rain.
But, on the other hand I usually get a lot of little things done.
A little cool for Florida, 72F, so we don't mind cooking inside. Made up a big pot of spaghetti. I managed to get some paperwork done and also ordered a "Jack Antenna".
 It's a state of the art RV antenna for VHF & UHF that some friends of ours recommended. I read reviews on it and the specs sounded good. If it works as well as advertised we may get rid of the "Dishtv". I'm amazed with 250+ channels to pick from just how few we actually watch. News, weather, and an occasional show is all we use. The fact that the dish usually goes out during storms isn't too impressive either. It would be nice to monitor storms when it's booming!
   No one is out wandering in the park today. As usual, during yuk weather, everyone just hunkers down in their rig and waits it out. Rained yesterday evening and all night. On & off all day so far. (1200) It's supposed to end this afternoon.
  A positive side for a rainy day is the ability to meditate a bit. Time to think! You'd guess a retirees day would avail one's mind to wander. Not always! Like Billy Bob says in his blogs ( http://billybobsplace.blogspot.com/ ) Being a geezer doesn't mean ya don't need to slow down once in awhile.
  Just checked the weather maps and we may be coming to the end of the rain.( 1330hrs) Good..got some outside stuff to do if I can. Haven't heard any rain on the roof in 1/2 hr.
  At the end of these blogs is a spot to click called comments.
If ya want to ! We love comments ! It'll ask ya to register. That's so we don't get any spam. All ya need is an email address. I might even send ya a personal note back!!!!
  Finally at 1500 hrs the rain stopped. I decided to find a spot to set up our portable satellite dish.  It took a bit of hunt & peck but I found a spot about 50ft away.Lots of trees here but I'm getting good at finding a hole to grab a signal. Since it was so far away I gave Heather one of the walkie talkies and she kept telling me how my aiming was doing. BAM- got it !! Oh I love technology !! If we didn't have walkie talkies we mighta used the cell phones !! And--this is a park that everyone, on  http:// www.park reviews.com, said you can't get satellite signals. PSSTT!!
   NOW WE CAN CATCH UP ON COMMERCIALS !! lol
   Back to black & white cause the rain stopped !
   REMEMBER, LIVE TOUR DREAMS AS TIME GOES BY QUICKLY !!
Charlie & Heather


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment