Our Travel House

Our Travel House
SEE THE USA

Thursday, February 12, 2015

2-8-15 SUNDAY

This week flew by. Most weeks do. Do we all have the same timing ? I remember, when I was younger, that time was slower. A week was longer. A year was forever. I have a birthday coming at the beginning of March and it seems like I just had one a few months ago. Is this normal or a consequence of aging?
We've had a great week on the Island. Did a little running around, got some shopping done and had a couple cook outs. As usual we heard some great music down the street. Had a few more snowbirds pull in and they're both newbies. It's been interestng chatting with them and recognizing their newfound adventures. We had a small bonfire this evening after “ Carl “ fed us all. I ate way to early and as usual my motor wound down after dinner. I usually like to eat late do to the “ grandpa “ effect it has on me. ZZZzzzzz !!

2-9-15 MONDAY
Woke up to a rain forcast. It's supposed to have light rain all morning. The Good Lord's gonna water his garden. Since I'm researching insurances I can use the time productivly.
Got a suprise in the mail. My previous to retirement employer has decided to go with a cafe' style program. They've started a RHA (retirement health account) We have to get our own insurances. Of course we pay for them and get reimbursed.
Since we get our mail from a mail service and we got delayed in Alabama for 1 ½ months getting our engine replaced, I was a little behind on mail. When it finally caught up with us I discovered I have no insurance since 12-31-14. Isn't that great ?? So I had to read 10,000 pages of gobbldygook lawyer talk, research dozens of options, and wait on hold for a zillion hours, etc, etc, etc...everything has to be approved and so I won't be covered for a few weeks. Damn glad I haven't been sick ! From the looks of it I'll have to go thru this every year in December. Makes my day !! Of course, half the internet sites are screwed up and directions to click here or there don't work. It's amazing how everyone wants your email address but won't use it to communicate. I was notified that some of these companies need a letter to show my employer has quit providing insurance. NOWHERE does any of the afformentioned letters say that. Soooo, another delay.
Another option I'm researching and applying for is a VA Card. I had some friends suggest that. I was told the Rx's were cheaper.
I've decided to modify the Honda Goldwing. My legs are too short, for comfort, to have the floorboards on the bike. I ordered standard foot pegs and I removed the floorboards. I'm guessing my feet will be planted more firmly on the ground. It's difficult on loose gravel to move the bike around so I'm fixing that ! Has anyone else had that problem?
My old friends in lower Michigan have really been getting some crappy weather and lots of snow. YUK !!
As usual our feline friends are showing up every day as they have in years past. All we have to do is move in the rig in the early morning and we hear scratching at the door. We always have cat food onboard and they know it. The other evening I went into the rig, I'd left the door open, and I got surprised by a strange cat inside. It kinda took me by suprise as it was a large cat. He scooted out the door. I wonder who's cat he is ?? We really don't mind our 'regulars' showing up.
2-12-15 THURSDAY
MAIL CALL.. Got more mail from the P.A. Mail service..new insurance info and all my tax stuff. Now I can do my taxes ( is that a good or bad thing? ). I also received a package with the foot pegs for the Honda.
I have actually had to order a second set of Honda footpegs as the 1st set wouldn't fit. The 2nd set were correct for this '83 Goldwing. I had already removed the floorboards so it was only a matter of minutes to install the pegs. I hopped on it and my legs and feet are much more firmly planted on the terra firma. Should be a lot easier to keep 'er steady.







The floorboards were forcing me to have my legs out at a 20 degree angle and on loose ground it was very iffy to keep the bike from falling over, 800#s isn't something I could stop ! ( I already lost it twice) Very embarrasing !!
We've started our annual physicals. I still am waiting on some more insurance forms before I can get any more Dr. stuff done.
The sun is blazing, the temp is 75F so enough rambling.
Is it happy hour yet. I'm sure it 2PM somewhere!!
REMEMBER, LIVE YOUR DREAMS AS TIME GOES BY QUICKLY !!


Charlie & Heather.

No comments:

Post a Comment