Our Travel House

Our Travel House
SEE THE USA

Monday, February 23, 2015

2-18-15 HUMP DAY ???
Had a little rain last night. Just enough noise to wake us up for a few moments. I'm glad we had our LP gas refilled as it got a bit cool. We ran out last Saturday but no big deal. Our electric heater has no problem down to 40F. We have freeze warnings for tonight and maybe tomorrow night so we'll need the furnace assistance. I feel a bit guilty complaining about our temperatures after reading about our Up North friend's weather. We had to make our percolator coffee on the outdoor gas grill for 2 mornings but that's simple. Dang good coffee.
I went to the local Publix store this afternoon while Heather was at her jewelry stand and I stocked up. When I came out and tried to start the engine it did Nothing!! Now what?? I used the jump starter and got back to the RV Park okay. I played with the starting a few times and sometimes it works and some times it doesn't..I hate these on again, off again problems. Oh well ! Now I have a tomorrow project.
I'm still manuvering all the health insurance crap. I'm amazed at the different excuses I'm getting regarding everything. If I call the same company 4 times, I get 4 different answers. The 'net sites have done some pretty amazing tricks too. They sure lock up a lot. BUT...I'll GET 'ER DONE eventually...
Making plans for a Daytona 500 party this weekend..gonna eat well !!
Thursday 2-19-15
A little less warmer for SW Florida this morning. If the wind would diminish it would be better.
I had to run into Walgreens to pick up some Rx's. As long as I was next door to a Publix Store I grabbed a few items we needed. When I went to start the rig NOTHING happened and the dashboard was dead too. NOW WHAT ????? I tried shift and wiggling the key and NOTHING !! *&%&* phooey! Okay, let's see if the emergency jump start switch works. IT DID !! I went right back to the RV Park. WHEW !! I shut down and again it wouldn't start. Hmmm!! How the heck does something quit like that ??
I decided to start at the battery, checked it with my voltmeter and only got 9 volts, I wiggled the battery connection and noticed the VM reading varied from 9 to 12.6 volts. I removed the battery clamps and cleaned them up and reconnected tightly. Okay, now I have an active dashboard and starting is normal. WHEWWWW!!
Turned out simple to fix. I did have passing thoughts of a faulty ignition switch or a bad wire or, or, or....ya know?? We musta not tightened it correctly when we replaced the motor..
Another close call--- I took a nap the other aternoon and woke up smelling smoke... OH-OH !! Heather's concave makeup mirror was in the sun and started her cloth purse on fire, I threw it outside...I'm glad I was here..that coulda been real bad. One of us had disconnected the smoke alarm battery due to it beeping when we were making toast and hadn't reinstalled it. Bad boogeys buddies.
Isn't Rving fun??
Tomorrow is the Daytona 500 race. Gonna have a cook out. The plan is to deep fry a turkey.

2-22-15 Sunday
Nice & balmy today. We took a stroll down the road to the Olde Fish house for a few beers and to listen to some Island Music. When we got back to the rig it was time to cook dinner. Got the deep fryer out and Carl had prebrined a big turkey overnight. Got the peanut oil up to 350F and fried the bird for 45 minutes then did the potatoes. Carl made up some cranberry & jalepeno sauce for sandwiches. Oooooh is that good!! Life is good !!








2-23-15 Monday
80F and sunny today !! Perfect !
I decided to play in the water this afternoon. Buckets of suds and hose came out and I scrubbed the Goldwing. Lookin' pretty good now. It sure accumulated a lot of dirt and salt residue.That's one thing ya gotta be aware of when you're by the ocean. The night air deposits a lot of salt onto everything.
With my birthday coming up I had to order my license and plates online from Michigan. It's a nice option compared to most states. Michigan doesn't have any mandatory inspections either. They will get sent to our address up there and my friend will forward the stickers and license to me. I still have a couple weeks before they're needed and if all goes well it'll work out okay.
I can't believe other bloggers are starting to talk about heading home alredy !! Way too early unless they want to drive on ice & snow !!
REMEMBER, LIVE YOUR DREAMS AS TIME GOES BY QUICKLY !!!
Charlie & Heather



No comments:

Post a Comment