Our Travel House

Our Travel House
SEE THE USA

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Ho Ho Ho From The Island- The ship came in !!

  Special day here on the Island ! Our ship came in !!  Captain Mike's trawler docked tonight after 5 days of fishing. We saw  him coming up the channel about 5PM so we wandered over to his dock to see how the shrimping  had gone. Loaded up with some prongs and chit chatted a bit with him. By the time we all walked back to our park it was dark. Our friend, Paul, decided we needed to sample some shrimp so we sat on his deck and drank some beers while he cooked some up. It was well worth the wait...fresh shrimp--YUMMY !!
   As I follow the weather around the country, on the news and via blogs,  I am really glad to be here in SW Florida ! Seems everyone is putting up with chilly temperatures while we are turning our AC on by 11 AM. It was near 80F today by noon.
   Is it only me that reads the news and am flabbergasted by the stories about all the rude shoppers? Makes me glad we stopped that madness years ago. I'd rather cook meals for my friends instead of giving them useless junk!
   I hope none of you experience any of the bad luck or insanity I've been reading about.
   REMEMBER, LIVE YOUR DREAMS AS TIME GOES BY QUICKLY !
   Charlie &Heather  
    

No comments:

Post a Comment