Our Travel House

Our Travel House
SEE THE USA

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Camp #34 Ellis Ks&Camp #35 Stratton Co.&repairs at BERNIES

   We pulled out of Ellis Ks on Monday June 3rd about 10AM. Had a 170+mile drive planned today. Headed to Stratton Colorado. Just following I-70 west, no tricky turns or splitoffs. Gonna change time zones to Mountain Time.
  The trip was mostly okay except for the steady S/SE 30mph wind, but it was constant. I only get bothered if it's gusty. We made real good time and originally figured it'd be 3 1/2 hrs but 3 hours did it. We also crossed over into Mountain Time and had to set the clocks back an hour, so we checked into Marshall Ash Village RV Park at 12 noon their time.These time zone changes sure can play with your senses. I suppose we'll be getting up at some stupid hour, like 5AM, for a few weeks again. We'll be in Mountain Time for about 2 months or more before we have to start unwinding ourselves during the Eastern and southern return trip.




   When we were about 10 miles to our Stratton Ks exit I noticed the MH was hesitateing and bogging down. HHMMMM!! I guessed it might be the fuel filter or fuel pump. We made it into the park and a mechanic in town was recommended. Lonnie Dresher, owner of Plains Truck & Trailer  (719-349-0664), in Stratton, was called and he was at the park within 1 hr,  he concurred with my analogy and removed the fuel filter. He shook it out and YUK was in it. ( I love technical words, don't you?) A quick run to his shop a few blocks away and he was back  and had a new filter installed in about 10 minutes. I also set up an appointment for an oil change in the morning so he said we could settle up in the morning ! Trusting soul, my kinda people! I mentioned to him that our gray water dump valve was cracked and leaking so he recommended Bernie's RV Sales & Repair in Stratton too! ( 719-350-1065) I called them and tomorrow AM they're gonna replace it. Here's a few pics of our CG.





JUNE 4--

   Up way too early (see!! I told ya!!)
LONGGGG coffee hour(s)...nice sunny morning. Off to the shops for fixin's...( BERNIES 511 1st St. ,STRATTON,CO 80836..cell 719-350-1065 or shop 719-348-5941) Took only 1 hr to replace gray water dump valve. Man, has this guy got parts. Lot's and Lot's of parts. It was his dad's business and he's been fixin' RV's for a long time. Total bill- $79 !!  He also has a used, looks like new, LP gas stove/oven for sale.($175) I need to replace ours as the thermocouple is shot and I can't locate one. I think we'll pick it up in the morning before we leave the area. I'm hoping my son and I can install it when we get to Montana. SSHHH! Don't tell him!! LOL
  Next we got the oil changed at Lonnies. Oh YES, and the bill paid.  Service call+fuel filter+ oil&filter. Only $82.
  All in all not a bad day. I'm sure glad I didn't have to do any of these repairs. Gettin' OLD ya know!! I'd be sore for a week. I recommend either of these repair guys.
  Got some shopping done at the little local market and I feel it was cheaper than Wally World. I'm liking this town more & more!
  Glad to hear our Michigan friends are finally starting to see a bit of warmer weather!
  REMEMBER, LIVE YOUR DREAMS AS TIME GOES BY QUICKLY!! Charlie & Heather.

  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment