Our Travel House

Our Travel House
SEE THE USA

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Trailer needs a diet ??

Well, we have most of the stuff packed, I noticed the new 12' trailer wheels were getting pretty close to the fender. I checked the clearance with my hand and discovered the 2" long screws holding the clearance lights was almost touching the tires ! OH-OH ! After taking  measurements it was determined that the lights only need a 3/4" screw. HMMM..so I jacked the trailer up by the frame and changed out the screws. Much better,says I..now I'm having worries the we need more clearance and a weigh in..I really don't think we're overweight but will have it weighed anyways. Two ways of fixing the clearance come to mind. 1- move the fenders up, 2-lengthen the spring shackles ( I wonder if that would affect the towing/handling?)..the springs aren't anywhere near flat. The GVW is rated 3500#s..Time will tell. I'll get back to you on this!
     We plan on pulling out of here Friday morning and will be staying in the area for the Saturday party and then for a few days at our friend's place. Got a few maintenance items to do there. If all goes well I'm guessing the "jello" plan will let us be Southbound around Oct 4th. That's been the average takeoff date for 3 years now ! Just in time too..36F at night and the acorn are falling and the trees are changeing daily. GOODBYE winter, we don't love ya no more !!  LOL. 
     REMEMBER, LIVE YOUR DREAMS AS TIME GOES BY QUICKLY!! Love ya'll..Charlie & Heather 

No comments:

Post a Comment