Our Travel House

Our Travel House
SEE THE USA

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE !!

Why does it seem like June is flying by ?? Here we are in the middle of it already. As our regular readers know, we're still on Matlacha Island in SW Florida and we're putting up with 90+F every day. Another phenomana is the 5 O'clock rains, almost every day. Now, I know it's the tropics but why does it have to do this every day ? It messes with happy hour, ya know?? We were sitting outside and enjoying a few brews and as usual, even though the weather guessers said late rains today, a “ pop up “ cloud appeared out of nowhere and put a few drops of rain on the party. Oh well, at least we don't have to worry about soaking our long johns !! Just as amazingly it all went away in 30 minutes. We were able to go out and solve the world's problems once again !!
On the fix it / solve it newsfront, our new canopy has arrived at Wally World and we'll pick it up tomorrow. I'm hoping it'll hold up longer than the last piece of sh** !
Around about 1030 PM last night we had a power outage. I was engrossed in the last ½ hr of a TV show series , Texas Rising , so I just reached up and flipped on the generator and got back into the show. I love motorhoming !! Just a bit after the show was over the power came back on. Oh well, I needed to exercise the Genny anyways as it hasn't run in months. I was even able to run the AC .
I'm glad we're not in Texas, have ya been following all the rain & flood news ? Now they have a tropical storm headin' towards them.
A fellow blogger, Billy Bob , has been doing some serious doctoring lately and I'm happy he has family around to help him. It's amazing how many people have back problems. Seems like a lot of seniors go thru that trouble.
The Old Fat Man, another blogger, is still having fun in Texas but he's keeping an eye on the weather. He has a great blog.
RV Dreams, another blog site that influenced us a LOT to do what we do, just got done putting on a rally. You'd enjoy reading their blog if you're ever tempted to take up the RV Lifestyle. All of these blogs can be found at www.hitchitch.com .
My mind is daydreaming about our takeoff day. Since Ms. Heather will be driving a chase car ( Cadillac ) this year we'll have to carefully plot our trips. We usually do anyways. I don't wanta lose her, ya know ? The usual method of planning involves where to, weather, watching out for tricky towns to manuver thru, I check RV Park Reviews to see if there are any negatives for our destination. This year will be different as we plan on staying for a week at a time at each park so I'll watch for stuff like laundries and pools. I'm looking forward to shorter trips than we've done for the last 4 years. Gonna save a ton of $$$$ on gas too ! Of course we will do more exploring with the car. Guarenteed it'll be different this summer.
I've still been enjoying Facebook. It seems like every week someone from my past connects with me thru it. Amazing where everyone has settled in all over the USA. I'm dazzled by the young'ins that are becoming grandparents !! Of course, I'm in complete denial about my age !! Ha ha ha ha !!
We hope all of you are having a wonderful summer.

REMEMBER, LIVE YOUR DREAMS AS TIME GOES BY QUICKLY !!


Charlie & Heather

1 comment:

  1. 5 o'clock somewhere. What a great title. It has been a long, long time since 5 o'clock was important. Now, it just means it will not be long before supper. It sure is great to be retired, but since I was self employed the last half of my working career, the only retirement I get is Social Security. I took my other work retirement benefits and invested it in an RV.

    ReplyDelete