Our Travel House

Our Travel House
SEE THE USA

Thursday, October 30, 2014

10-22-14 More Mississippi


10-22-14

MORE DAVIS-BAYOU IN OCEAN SPRINGS MISSISSIPPI




Have ya ever played musical chairs ?? This Davis-Bayou National Park has always been a first come first served park but not anymore ! As of about a month ago it went to a reserveable system via Recreation.gov. Of course this has created some very unhappy campers. We've seen folks, that have been coming here for years, pulling in here and get totally confused to discover the melee in the park ! Many have pulled into an empty site only to discover, in the morning, that they have to move and sometimes only for a few days. Then they move again. I suppose it'll all straighten out in time.

We've been on our site for 10 days and have to move on Friday to another site because ours is reserved for 3 days this weekend. It all seems kinda silly to us but “ oh well “ !! I did go on the net site and “reserve” the new site yesterday for 10 days. Whewwwww !! We're staying here til Nov 3rd.

I was doing some research regarding SW Florida CG's and noticed some have reduced their rates from last year and many are becoming Encore Parks. That's another reservable system that is weird. A few years ago we pulled into an Encore Park and the office told us we had to have a reservation. I went out to the rig, made a reservation via the net and went back into the office and all was well. Pretty stupid in my opinion.

We've noticed a lot more snowbirds are on the roll. I guess the frost and colder weather is getting the migration into gear. There's a lot of Northern license plates showing up.

Managed to have a small bonfire last night. Got a nice Honda ride in to pick up some scripts. Cheated on dinner tonight and had pizza with our friends. Dropped a chunk of change at Wally World on groceries. I found an Ace hardware and had some extra keys made for the Honda for $5, sure beats $40 at the dealer !!

In the evening I like to sit outside at the picnic table at dusk. Been seeing bats and rabbits. Last night I left a bag of dinner trash on the table and some critter tore it up overnight. ( things do go bump in the night !! )

I've been getting a few motorcycle rides in almost every day. My coordination and confidence are coming together. We received Heather's new helmet in the mail yesterday. I found that on the net at ½ price of anything at any dealers in the area! It's even got a built in sunvisor that flips out of sight. I may order one for myself ! I'm gonna guess after I get another 100 miles of riding in we'll try riding together. Looking forward to that !

REMEMBER, LIVE YOUR DREAMS AS TIME GOES BY QUICKLY !!

Charlie & Heather.

No comments:

Post a Comment