Our Travel House

Our Travel House
SEE THE USA

Thursday, July 31, 2014

 7-29-14, Tuesday...We've been busy!! Last weekend my daughter and ASIL ( almost son in law ) came up to Houghton Lake and spent the weekend. Luckily the weather behaved, though cool at night. Our hosts, Jerry & Terra, let the company use their 5th wheel accomadations. They haven't even used it yet!! Just got it a short time ago. Nice rig !! We all ate way too much good food. Jerry smoked a nice variety of meats and even a large turkey !! YUMMY !!! We talked about their upcoming wedding and a million other things. I guess us being gone 22 months required a lot of catchup one on one time.

We all shared hugs and smiles Sunday night as they had to be back at w..o..r..k.. (sigh) on Monday morning.
Yesterday I decided it was time to do the semi annual scrubbing of the motorhome. I dread that job ! No, not really, it's just that it's a lot of w..o..r..k ! (please notice I dislike that 4 letter word). Out came the cleaning gear and power washer and hoses. I did a really good roof cleaning as I want to put a coat of sealer on it. I need about 3 days of good weather to complete that. I washed the front and rear and about then I ran out of steam. WOW, where did 4 ½ hrs go ?? Oh well, there's always tomorrow to finish. The windows came out nice and clean. The well water in Houghton Lake is great.
Today, the weather guessers are saying rain possible so No Roof Sealer today. Decided to “ purge “ some more stuff in the trailer. Managed to get some extra gear out. Beginning to look like we might have some extra room in it. Hmmmm! I wonder if a scooter would fit in there??
Got a plan to go to one of our favorite parks, Reedsburg Dam.
We'll stay there from Thursday til Tuesday.It's about 5 miles West of here. No hookups but only $13 per night.We've got a few other people coming to join us. There's a lot of memories out there. Hopefully the fish are hungry. Want to join us?? The more the merrier !! Lots of bonfires !
We've managed to see a lot of our friends. Our good friend, Dora, has let us “camp” in her parking lot behind her business ( Back Door Saloon & Eatery )and Wednesday we'll be there again. It's “spaghetti day” and it's GOOD !
We have really enjoyed seeing her.
I think I mentioned changing out the trailer axle. DONE !! I gave up on the dropped axle style and now have a straight axle.


This is #3. I got a made in the USA axle this time because the made in Mexico axles bend even though the trailer weighs only 2840# and the axle is rated 3500#. I sure hope we don't do a repeat of this problem. It only takes about an hour to changeout but isn't cheap.
We're helping Jerry get his new 5th wheel setup and loaded for the weekend so I gotta go!
REMEMBER, LIVE YOUR DREAMS AS TIME GOES BY QUICKLY !





Charlie & Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment