Our Travel House

Our Travel House
SEE THE USA

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

6-24-14 Hudson Ill, Comlara County Park. Camp #95


6-24-14 We had a nice morning coffee hour and broke camp at 1100. Headin' North again and somewhat West to avoid Chicago mayhem.

16W to 57N to 74W to 39N. Stopped for 1 night at Hudson, Ill. At Comlara County Park. 50/30 Electric only for $24/night. Very nice park right on the water. Lots of space and very well laid out.

I had expected to be driving in rain all day, per the weather guessers, but we only had a bit for the first ½ hr and we drove out of it for the most part. Only had a few light sprinkles til we recamped. No wind today made for a relaxed trip. Put another 140 miles behind us.

Hoping to hit the South Wisconsin border tomorrow.

I've been watching the weather behind us and I'm glad we're this far North as the rain and storms have been relentless further South. Kinda odd for June, as that kind of weather is usually in May.

Some friends have been warning us about the flies & mosquitos infestation in Michigan's U.P.. Guess I'll have to research mixing up a batch of super spray ! I've formulated some great bug sprays in the past. I hate pests. Makes us itch just thinkin' about 'em ! Michiganders all joke about making the mosquito the state bird. LOL ! No joking matter about Lyme disease or West Nile virus.

Gotta fill the H2O tank. Almost ran out this A.M but it was raining so I put off filling up. Got a campsite right next to a water spigot, on purpose, so I'll only need a short hose to “get r done” !

I think I've been negativally influenced by some of the blogs I read. ( please notice, Billie Bob) Bought a “Jack” antenna a few months ago and have been hemmin' & hawwin' the installation. I started by running all the wires (coax) to both tvs and then the power wires were installed. Got everything prepped except drilling the holes in the roof and mounting the antenna. This antenna is supposed to be the newest and greatest for receiving the newer UHF signals for free, over the air. I've talked to a few people that have them and they really have gotten good results using it. Ya'd think I woulda finished up the install by now but.........must be getting old !!! May get r done when we're camped at Lake Gogebic in Mich next week..I sure hate drilling holes in the roof.

REMEMBER, LIVE YOUR DREAMS AS TIME GOES BY QUICKLY !!

Charlie & Heather




No comments:

Post a Comment