Our Travel House

Our Travel House
SEE THE USA

Monday, May 6, 2013

Camp #27 Marthaville, La.

Ajax Country Living at I-49 RV Park.
   Remember the old saying " Snug as a bug in a rug"? That's be us.
We really like these country setting RV Parks.This one only has 27 sites. It's woodsy and out in the country with no road noise and our neighbors are all friendly.
We discovered there's a little country restaurant across the road. We went there this morning with our neighbors and had a nice breakfast. The place musta been impressive because we ordered dinner from it too. On Thursdays they make BBQ'd ribs and chicken so we put that on our schedule. I'll have to say that all this Louisiana food is really good. Glad we're not staying too long or I might have to let my belt out a bit !
   We learned there's resident gator in the pond. Gonna try our luck fishing tomorrow so we'll have to keep alert. My advice to Heather, should we confront "JAWS", is don't slow me down!
   I got lucky setting up the sat dish. Took about 10 minutes and locked right in! I love it when that happens.
  Spent the day getting Rolling Earthquake's window caulking removed. Gonna reseal them all as we've had a few small leaks pop up. Must be all the rain driving we did the other day. I remember when we had to do that to our last rig, the beloved Tioga. Hope to have that little problem fixed tomorrow. I don't know who caulked the last time but they sure gobbed the caulk on, took some time to remove it. Gonna caulk around the clearance lights too as they were gobbed up too.
   I'll give ya some pictures of the park and restaurant.





 Hope everyone is healthy and happy.
REMEMBER, LIVE YOUR DREAMS AS TIME GOES BY QUICKLY

Charlie & Heather 

1 comment:

  1. butterbean carpenterMay 8, 2013 at 1:39 PM

    Howdy Heather & Charlie,
    Got your blog info this morning off of Billy Bob and came by... Looks like my kinda camping ground; level without hills; the electric wheelchair don't do hills very well... Noticed you sent BB some advice on Cajun fun; well, I have too, also, but he don't take me for serious cause I joke around too much, but when I tell a tale it's mostly true!!
    Glad to make your acquaintance and stop by any time y'all are in the area; the coffee-pot is ALWAYS on at the RunningStar Ranch!!!
    Hope y'all are having a HAPPY DAY!!! AAIIEEEEE!!!!

    ReplyDelete