Our Travel House

Our Travel House
SEE THE USA

Friday, January 4, 2013

January Memories--Joys of Fatherhood

If you've been a follower of this blog you'll know we went fulltime this fall. Part of the process of prepareing for this lifestyle is downsizeing, which involves getting rid of stuff.Some stuff is easy.Sell it, donate it or dump it. Other stuff is valueable but common sense dictates a "no room for it" rule.
   Haveing always been a homeowner lets you accumulate lots of memories. Things like the family pictures. Now, you could hang on to them and see them get destroyed in some compartment in your rig. Orrrrr---give 'em to one of your children that will value them.
   Last summer I asked my youngest daughter if she'd take all those pictures. She completely filled her little car and took them home to her place. I wondered what she'd do with them.
   Tonight we went out and about in town, listened to some great music and had a fun evening and wandered home late. As most of us do, I fired up Facebook and intended to catch up on the day. Most of the kids keep in touch via FB and I saw that my daughter had posted some of these pictures. WOW, what a memory trip ! Some made me laugh and some made me weepy. Have any of your kids had that effect on you?
   I thought about posting some of those pictures here on the blog but decided that that'd be boring to most so decided not to..
   Our stay here in Florida, at Matlacha, has continued to entertain our needs. It suprises us every day with it's laid back presentations. We meet quite a few people every week from all over the country, Canada and beyond. The sunrises & sets are forever amazing us. The ocean background is always awesome. I'm at a loss for words trying to explain how "at home" we feel while here!
  As I do while writeing every blog, I keep pausing and proofreading myself.  My, My I'm gushing sooo much..I better quit.
It's probably illegal to be this content.
  2013 --??---so far, so good. So glad it all didn't end 12-21-12....LOL
  REMEMBER..LIVE YOUR DREAMS AS TIME GOES BY QUICKLY..Charlie & Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment