Our Travel House

Our Travel House
SEE THE USA

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Getting ready for the weekend on the Island (Matlacha)

Whenever I need some inspiration to write this blog I read other blogs from  www.hitchitch.com  I bet if you go there you'll be inspired too..we find ourselves faced with our typical weekend dillema---what are we gonna do ?? HMMM..so we talked with our neighbors and drank a few refreshments and gathered around and came up with THE PLAN !!! Buy supplies.. pray to the weather Gods for good weather..fill LP tanks and check the BBQ supplies..let's have a cook out Sunday...yeah,yeah, that's the ticket !!..Now, what to cook??..Smoke some corned beef brisket--maybe some pulled pork BBQ--deep fry some battered veggies and onion rings--some salad and pasta...and DRINKS ( haven't had any margaritas in a while) ..we have music and bongos and friendly people (have we forgotten anything??) I'm sure there will be munchies too !!..OK now, let's quit worrying about the weekend ( What? Me worry?? )
Our ragmuffin cat came around today and ate and actually is starting to socialize with us!! He/she let us pet on her a little..we also had the gulls almost eating out of our hands this morning..had a snowy egret return for the 2nd morning and is gobbling down hot dogs..one of the locals says don't feed egrets by hand cause they'll stab your hand with their sharp beaks....HMM..wonder if that's true???
Heather and I got a little fishing in and she skunked me 2 to 0..but I don't know if the "puffer" fish & catfish counts...LOL..(but I did feed a lot of bait !! )..Isn't this a terrible way to waste away a winter?? all I need to do is cut my foot on a pop top !! Hope all of you are as relaxed as we are..REMEMBER..LIVE YOUR DREAMS AS TIME GOES BY QUICKLY...Charlie & Heather

1 comment: