Our Travel House

Our Travel House
SEE THE USA

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

April 6 2011 Corbitt GA emerald Lake RV Park

We've been here at Emerald Lake RV Park near Corbitt Ga for 6 days and have realy enjoyed it. This little out in the country park has a 2 acre pond with a houseboat for rent and a restaurant onsite. We've really been enjoying the 75F days and except for a 1 night storm the weather has been great. Our Michigan friends back home are all suffering from cabin fever according to their emails and facebook postings. I remember going thru that when we stayed in Mich all winter. I just checked the Rand McNally site to see how many miles to home and it's closer than I thought...755mls...We're heading NE in the morning to Cordele Ga. and we'll be near the I-75 corridor..It'll be another 4 day stop and if the nice weather keeps moving North then we'll follow it. We met a couple from Alaska traveling in a 1979 GMC motorhome that they've restored. If I didn't know better I would say their rig looked new. A real act of love. The entertainment in the evening was karaoke on the deck. Y'all know how much I like that...had fun joining in and hearing some really good singers...the food at the restaurant was tasty and priced right..we had a storm Monday night that had quite a lightning display and very windy. After all my years at Detroit Edison I can't say I've ever seen that much lightning in a storm. It went on for 2 hours and kept the sky almost a bright as daylight..Pretty but spooky at the same time.. the tornadoes kept far away from where we're at but did do some damage elsewhere. We heard that a local town had an entire city block burn down due to lightning.. It looks like we'll have some good weather for traveling and nice weather the rest of the week. Hope everyone has an early spring and...REMEMBER..LIVE YOUR DREAMS AS TIME GOES BY QUICKLY..Charlie&Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment