Our Travel House

Our Travel House
SEE THE USA

Thursday, February 26, 2015

2-25-15 WAXING, WATCHING, WORRYING
When I went out this morning and took the cover off the Goldwing I decided it'd be a good day to wax her. Kinda overcast so the sun won't streak it. It's been awhile since I last waxed a bike. I've forgotten how many nooks and crannies they have. Before I knew it about 3 hours had passed. It sure was purty when done. I even had a few neighbors stop in and noticed it. Grin-grin !!
Ms Heather took the turkey carcass and leftover turkey from Sunday and made a pot of turkey soup. I was sitting nearby and I'll betcha I put on a pound or two just smelling it cooking. Great dinner tonight.
We took a walk down the street and listened to a new group playing music at The Olde Fish House this evening. Banjo, mandelin and bongos cranked out some tunes. If it'd been warmer or less windy they would have had a bigger audience. Got a little less warmer after the sun went down and the wind picked up.
I guess I should figure out something to do inside for the next 3 days as it's supposed to rain.
Gonna start watching my bank account for my IRS refund. I'm glad the tax return is done. Also waiting for my new license tags to arrive.
I got a little worried about fellow bloggers “Old Fat Man” as he was under the weather and had slowed down his blogging for a few days. I also follow “ Billy Bob “ and noticed his attitude going up & down. Must be the dreaded “ Winter Doldrums” getting to them. I sure do enjoy reading their daily blogs.
THURSDAY 2-26-15
The good Lord is watering His garden today. Woke up to light sprinkles and it was on and off all day. Same thing called for tomorrow and Saturday. I've got a short list of things to do on a rainy day. I started out on the list after a nice leisurely coffee hour and managed to keep busy til 1300. Got a nap accomplished and took a nice hot shower. Of course we had our normal happy hour and did manage to get outside between raindrops a few times. I may slip on the rain poncho and go up the street to see if the music is still on tonight.
We have a great mystery going on here ! Almost every morning our satellite signal is “lost” ! I have to go re-aim the dish. It only takes a little tweek, usually to the left, to obtain the signal. I'm wondering if this island moves ?? Never have this problem anywhere else we stay. It's happened here, regularly, for 3 seasons now ! Hm!!!
Carl said he was making biscuits and gravy at the “ Snatch & Sniff Cafe “ in the morning. Yum ! He does that a few times every winter. I need to steal his recipe.
REMEMBER, LIVE YOUR DREAMS AS TIME GOES BY QUICKLY !!

Charlie & Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment